Free Sweater Knitting Pattern Difficulty level: Intermediate. Free knitting pattern for a raglan baby sweater knit from the top down. “I read this book cover to cover twice, before mustering up the courage to try knitting from the top down and I will NEVER follow another traditional pattern again. Knit this vest knitting pattern from the top-down in one single thread without interruption. The resulting stripes of color in this vest knit are lovely. You'll love each of these classic and contemporary pullovers and cardigans knit from the top down in Patons Shetland Chunky. From free online knitting patterns and projects for afghans, baby The Backwards Upside Down Sweater is four sweaters Top Knitted Sweaters Projects.
Knitting Patterns Top Down
- Blue Sky Alpacas Patterns Cropped Cardigan.
- A perfect first sweater pattern, this cropped cardi is knit from the top down with the yarn doubled throughout.
- cardigan with a cable and lace pattern panels in the fronts and sleeves.
- The cardigan is worked in one seamless piece, from the top down.
- A favorite design technique of many knitters is top-down, when the knitting cast on stitches are started at the yoke of the sweater and knitted with raglan sleeves.
- The Alma Mater Sweater for the American Girl Doll – Knit from the Top Down University of Iowa.
More information about Knitting Patterns Top Down on the site: http://majorknitter.typepad.com