I designed this simple geometric star for the BaaRamEwe Christmas window display, a Jean Greenhowe knitted nativity set made by the BaaRamEwe knit night crew. Lone Star, Mathematical Star, Star of Bethlehem, Morning Star – all giant star quilts made with a multitude of carefully sewn radiating diamonds. From Lancaster Co., PA, this wool challis quilt in the pattern known locally as Star of Bethlehem or Lone Star dates from ca.1870 and measures about 76 inches square. Pieced Star of Bethlehem quilt (87 ½" x 84 ½") with swag border in greens, yellows, and reds on cream ground. Cut the Color 1 4-7/8" x 19-1/2" strip into four 4-7/8" squares. Fabulous 2002 Quilting Patterns from American Quilter's Society ~ Quilt Blocks x 9 ~ 95 pages, by Bobbie A. Aug and Sharon Newman. The sun was not kind to the quilt in this picture.
Bethlehem Star Pattern
- The colors of the quilt are blues and peaches.
- ShopWiki has 1222 results for bethlehem star, including Bethlehem Star carved out of premium pruned olive wood branches from Bethlehem.
- Debut of Lone star quilt pattern that has 8 equal Star Quilt, also called Radiant Star, Star of Bethlehem, or Texas Star.
- Bethlehem Star Designers: Liz Schwartz & Stephen Seifert Finished Size: 72" × 90" Foundation Piecing.
- ReadySetSew! This is a very easy to make pattern for a Christmas stocking.
More information about Bethlehem Star Pattern on the site: http://